A classic with some very special refinements.
Based on the ES-137 Classic, the Gibson ES-137 Custom Electric Guitar is the first Gibson archtop to employ a mahogany center block for reduced feedback and greater sustain. Other features are all Gibson deluxe: laminated curly maple body, binding on top and bottom, bound fingerboard, bound peghead, ebony fingerboard, split-diamond overlay headstock, pearloid split-diamond fingerboard inlays, 6-way Varitone switch that filters tone from fat to thin, and '57 Classic pickups (the original Gibson humbuckers from 1957). The magnets and 42-gauge enamel-coated wire are from the original suppliers and the pickups are built by Gibson on the original machinery.
Gibson ES-137 Custom Electric Guitar Features:
- Laminated curly maple body
- Maple neck
- Mahogany center block to reduce feedback and add sustain
- Multiple bound body on top, single bound on back
- Bound fingerboard and peghead
- Nut width 1.6875"
- Scale: 24-3/4"
- Ebony fingerboard
- Pearloid split-diamond fingerboard inlay
- ÒC" inlay at the 12th fret
- 6-way Varitone switching
- Tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece
- '57 Classic pickups, the original humbuckers from 1957
- Body based on ES-135
Gibson ES-137 Custom Electric Guitar Includes: